Stewart Park is
Visitors may now bring their K9 companions with them into Stewart Park! A Common Council ordinance passed Wednesday, March 1 legalizes Park use by dogs, but it specifies that they must be on leash. To continue protecting resident bird populations, the ordinance still prohibits dog access to Renwick Wildwood and within 100 feet of the Swan Pond. Read more. (Photo by Julian Euell “Postcards of Summer: Stewart Park”)
Did you know that many terrific REVITALIZATION park projects have already been completed?!
– New roof for the Boathouse
– Reconfigured gardens at the park’s entrance
– Mayor Stewart Memorial Flagpole
– Interpretive signs for the park’s historic buildings and overlook, and the Renwick Wildwood overlook.
– Restoration of the Picnic Pavilion and Fuertes Overlook.
– Planning of a New Playground and Spray Play Area
– Paddling Improvements
– Performance Plaza between the pavilions
– Exhibits about silent film history and park history at the Wharton Studio Building.